Routing Workflow Manager
Compass automates the ingestion and distribution of medical imaging studies among disparate clinical and enterprise imaging systems. Regardless of the size or complexity of the organization, it can ensure that new studies are delivered to the right radiologist or clinical specialist, at the right time, regardless of the number of locations. Compass can also trigger Navigator to ensure that the correct prior imaging studies are available to the appropriate radiologist, at the right time, even if they reside on multiple facilities PACS or VNA systems.
Compass is available in various configurations that scale up to serve the needs of the largest integrated healthcare networks and includes HL7 message routing, non-DICOM file transport, DICOM load distribution and balancing, and dictation system integration.
The ability of Compass to act as a gateway to ensure that medical imaging studies are properly identified and associated with the correct patient, originating location and study description enables:
- Creation of site-specific workflows that span technology domains
- Automated distribution of imaging studies to multiple reading and archiving locations
- Time of day, sub-specialty and location specific teleradiology workflow
- Provides powerful and easily-configurable scheduling, filtering, sharing and routing
- Manages the ingestion and distribution of DICOM and non-DICOM files, and HL7 files among multiple facilities and devices
- Facilitates the interoperability of otherwise incompatible systems, workflows and modalities
is a fast and flexible DICOM router and replicator for DICOM C-Store requests. With Compass, modalities easily store to multiple destinations without the hassle of repeated resends. Flexible mapping rules and simplified configuration mean modalities can store and route directly via Compass
, with a wide variety of rules including day of week and time of day, making Compass
the most powerful DICOM router on the market today.
Imagine the impact on your workflow if you could:
- Route, Replicate, Monitor, Schedule & Alter DICOM Store Jobs or HL7 messages
- Manage unlimited sources & destinations
- Facilitate the interconnection of incompatible devices using tag morphing filters
- Route or multiplex DICOM store jobs based on any DICOM tag
- Use HIPAA compliant, secure, encrypted communication
- Integrate events and actions with HL7 communications
- Drag-and-drop study import & route capability using “hot-folders”
- Parse DICOM Structured Reports and route DICOM data to integrated dictation and transcription systems like Nuance PowerScribe® 360 and M*Modal Fluency™
Expanded enterprise functionality scales to meet the sophisticated needs of the largest integrated healthcare delivery networks.
† Available for additional cost
Number of failover destinations
Secure transport (TLS/SSL)
Custom filters & job actions
Non-DICOM file transport †
Dictation system integration †
DICOM load distribution & balancing †
Unrestricted DICOM message types ‡
Modularly scalable architecture ‡
‡ Available July 2016
Compass runs on dedicated hardware or a virtual machine.
The latest release is Version 2.2.6, released Aug. 1, 2016.
- Intel i5 Processor or better
- 4GB RAM (min.)
- 500GB HD (min.)
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 1 or 2 network interfaces
- Windows 7 or Server 2008/12 R2
- May run on a virtual machine
- MS-SQL 2008 R2 SP2 x64, 2012/14 x64 (or Express version)
Standard Windows Failover Cluster – Minimal configuration:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer
- Matching computer systems
- Dedicated, reliable, fault-tolerant, shared storage system