Migration and Consolidation Controller
Exodus is a powerful data orchestration tool that can enable your organization to solve a variety of archive migration and consolidation challenges that may result from product lifecycle management or mergers and acquisitions.
Exodus works with other Laurel Bridge software applications to empower your health system to strategically manage your own migration and consolidation efforts and allows you the option to bring the necessary expertise in-house. This enables your organization to have ongoing control and management of legacy archives, which is vital to ensuring that clinical staff has access to historical medical images.
We provide the flexibility you need to meet your organization’s evolving enterprise imaging workflow needs and the unique challenges that exist due to supporting disparate IT systems. Implement the migration approach that meets your unique needs:
- Self-conducted through your internal expertise.
- Service provider managed through our expertise.
Pair the Exodus Migration Controller with our Compass DICOM Router to:
- Temporarily store the migrated data before sending to final migration destination (often referred to as a “forklift” migration).
- Multiplex the migrated studies to more than one destination.
- Generate an out-bound HL7 ORM order message to the destination archive before sending the migrated studies.
- Load-balance the C-Move Requests to multiple AE titles on the source archive (may improve the rate at which source archive can deliver exams)
- Load-balance the C-Store to multiple ingestion nodes/ports on the destination archive (may improve rate at which destination archive can ingest/store migrated exams)
Pair the Exodus Migration Controller with our Navigator Prior Fetching Solution to:
- Fetch and migrate prior exams for scheduled patients, from multiple archives (not just from the primary archive that you are migrating) while also performing a full migration from a single primary source.
- Incorporate a Master Patient Index (MPI) or PIX query into your prior exam fetching process to allow updating of the patient demographics as part of the migration process.
The Exodus Migration and Consolidation Controller can support various migration methodologies. Each has unique benefits that are intended to take advantage of the information available and the capabilities of the existing archives:
||Source of Truth
Source of information:
(about files to be migrated)
| DICOM query response from legacy archive
|| Client supplied list
|| Legacy archive file system
|| Modality worklist of scheduled patients
|| • Uses DICOM to identify and track progress
• Includes latest database data
| Based on a pre-defined list
|| Enables migration of older archives that don’t support DICOM Query/Retrieve
|| Ensures prior data is available when needed
|| • Speed
• System performance
• Single source
| • List requires compilation
• Single source
| • Includes all files, including undesired files
• Single source
| Limited to a single source, except when paired with Navigator
More detailed information about these migration methodologies can be found here.
Which of these migration challenges can Exodus solve for you?
- Merger of two or more archives
- Access to relevant priors
- Mismatched patient/study information
- Archive vendor proprietary issues
- Private DICOM tag handling
- Non-compliant/inconsistent DICOM data
- Unknown size of the job
- Uncertainty of completeness
- Inability to validate the data moved
- Excessive manual effort
- Inability to pre-fetch relevant priors
Exodus is a collection of software applications that assist in the automation of DICOM migration tasks.
The latest release is Version 4.2.0.
- Intel i7 or Xeon enterprise server processor, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB HD, or better
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, or Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 x64, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 x64, or Microsoft SQL Server 2016 x64
- Express edition may be used in most installations
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 or newer
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Management Studio
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 x64 version