Consolidated Modality Worklist
The Waypoint Consolidated Modality Worklist facilitates the integration of an enterprise’s information and imaging systems. Waypoint unifies previously disparate imaging department workflows without disrupting them. It consolidates multiple existing modality worklists and HL7 exam order feeds from any number of Hospital and Radiology Information Systems across a merged health system, into a single enterprise modality worklist.
As part of our complete image data orchestration solution set, Waypoint enhances the capabilities of our existing enterprise routing and image fetching workflow tools, Compass and Navigator. It provides patient demographic information on demand to modalities and other imaging applications, eliminating manual order data entry and thereby enhancing clinical data integrity.
Enterprise Workflow Benefits
- By managing long lead-time orders, Waypoint enables women’s imaging facilities to improve clinical quality and staff productivity by ensuring relevant prior studies are available to the radiologist, even when exams are scheduled 12-24 months in advance.
- Automatically and accurately associates images acquired at the point-of-care (POC) with the patient’s record by adding the demographic information from the scheduled encounter found in Waypoint.
- Consolidates multiple existing modality worklists (MWL) and HL7 exam order feeds from any number of Hospital/Radiology Information Systems (HIS/RIS/PACS) across a merged health system, into a single enterprise modality worklist.
- Helps to maintain the integrity of the PACS database by providing correct, order-based demographic data to acquisition devices.
Enterprise Imaging Capabilities
- Receives and tracks from multiple sources (HIS/RIS/PACS)
- DICOM, HL7, and DICOMweb orders
- encounters and appointments
- any schedule updates or order status changes
- Implements workflow management services using standards-based communication
- DICOM Modality Worklist (MWL)
- Modality Performed Procedure Step (MPPS)
- Universal Procedure Step (UPS)
- Supports stand-alone deployment or integration with
Save time, prevent critical data entry errors, and improve overall efficiecy and reliability.
Waypoint is a versatile component of a complete imaging workflow solution. Integrate Waypoint with Compass and Navigator to improve the workflow process.
Waypoint improves your workflow with many supported features:
- Web-based, distributed access to orders and Waypoint status and management information
- All DICOM worklist-related management classes: MWL, MPPS, and UPS
- Standard HL7 message types: ADT, ORM, ORU
- User-configurable custom mappings of order information (HL7 or DICOM) to DICOM MWL tags
- Runs as a Windows service with a Windows administrative console and a web user interface
- Unlimited order feeds (internal or external, HL7 messages, or other DICOM worklists)
- Unlimited modalities may query Waypoint
- Manual order entry/creation is available for emergency and other unscheduled exams
- Manual disposition of worklist entries: add, modify, remove, mark as performed
- Robust logging support and capabilities, including HIPAA-compliant audit logging
- History of all messages associated with an order is maintained
- Secure networking protocols
- HIPAA compliant
- Supports high-availability configurations: physical or virtual
Waypoint is available in the following versions:
|Manage the worklist for smaller organizations with limited scheduling entities and modalities.
|Support for unlimited scheduling entities and modalities.
Waypoint runs on dedicated hardware or a virtual machine.
The latest release is Version 1.2.4, released Dec. 5, 2018.
- Intel i5 Processor or better
- 4 GB RAM (min.)
- 500 GB HD (min.)
- HD 7200 RPM(min.)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 x64, SQL Server 2012 x64, or SQL Server 2014 x64
- SQL Express edition may be used in most installations
- The full SQL version must be used for failover cluster configurations
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Management Studio
- Optional: IIS Express 8.0 x64 is an optional prerequisite and can be installed before or after Waypoint installation. The IIS Express installer is included in the Waypoint distribution. IIS Express 8.0 x64 is required in order to use Waypoint web features.