Imaging Retrieval Workflow Manager
Navigator ensures historical medical imaging studies and reports are available for comparison and context, to enhance the diagnostic process. Navigator automates and prioritizes their retrieval, based upon user defined criteria, even if the information resides on disparate clinical and enterprise imaging archives or VNA systems. Retrieval of this information can also be made part of an archive migration-on-demand program intended to consolidate DICOM and non-DICOM imaging information on a VNA or other centralized archive system.
In addition, when new, walk-in, or unscheduled imaging studies or reports arrive, Navigator can be triggered by the Compass image router to ensure that the relevant prior imaging studies are retrieved and available to the radiologist, even if they reside on multiple, disparate PACS archives or VNA systems.
Enterprise Imaging Capabilities
As the need to access historical medical information increases across the healthcare enterprise, we strive to help our customers meet their evolving enterprise imaging needs. Our capabilities enable healthcare providers to easily implement and manage a scalable workflow layer that enhances interoperability between multiple PACS, VNA, and clinical IT environments. By leveraging the workflow capabilities of our full product line, merged and acquired organizations can more easily solve their unique integration challenges.
Navigator enables requests for historical imaging studies to be prioritized to support the demands of unscheduled ED, Stroke, and Trauma imaging as well as long lead-time, pre-scheduled imaging studies, such as breast, lung, and oncology follow-up. Navigator enables the ability to:
- Concurrently retrieve historical clinical reports or other files along with the associated DICOM imaging studies.
- Schedule prefetching when no RIS or other ordering or scheduling system is available.
- Support complex imaging scenarios when a patient might have multiple exams scheduled for the same day.
- Simplify workflow and system activity monitoring across facilities.
automates the retrieval and movement of existing DICOM and non-DICOM information stored on any archive used across a hospital or healthcare system. This includes looking across the healthcare organization to query multiple archives simultaneously.
Enterprise functionality meets the needs of the largest integrated health systems.
The emergence of integrated health systems and clinical integrated networks continues to increase imaging service line complexity even as imaging is used in a wider range of care areas. Such organizations require a powerful and flexible clinical IT infrastructure that supports their continually evolving requirements for image access and availability.
Increasingly, a patient’s historical imaging studies and reports reside in multiple, disparate locations, using different data identification schemes. Navigator has the intelligence to automate even the most complex priors fetching scenarios that are typical of large, integrated health systems. Navigator works in concert with our Compass Routing Workflow Manager to manage and coordinate a range of enterprise image ingestion and workflow needs.
Imagine the impact on your workflow if you could:
- Retrieve an HL7 object (report) while retrieving its associated DICOM imaging study.
- Prioritize image fetching rules with user defined criteria.
- Leverage site-specific pre-fetch workflow criteria to meet an organization’s unique clinical and operational priorities, such as:
- Status (e.g., STAT, Walk-in)
- Department (e.g., ED, ICU, Stroke)
- Study or procedure type (e.g., Trauma, Stroke)
- Date of next scheduled exam
- Location (e.g., originating site or destination)
- Trigger the retrieval of historical priors from a batch import list of scheduled patients, in addition to the triggers available for HL7, web calls, or DICOM MWL.
Navigator runs on dedicated hardware or a virtual machine.
The latest release is Version 2.1.8, released Jan. 24, 2018.
- Intel i5 Processor or better
- 8 GB RAM (min.)
- 500 GB HD (min.)
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 1 or 2 network interfaces
- Windows 7 x64 or Windows Server 2008 R2 or later
- May run on a virtual machine
- MS-SQL 2008 R2 SP2 x64, 2012/14 x64 (or Express version)
- Java 8 JRE x64
Standard Windows Failover Cluster – Minimal configuration:
- Windows Server2008 R2, or later
- Matching computer systems
- Dedicated, reliable, fault-tolerant, shared storage system