Enterprise Study Q/C Manager
Beacon is designed to help centralize and simplify the on-demand Q/C management of DICOM study metadata in the age of enterprise imaging and deconstructed PACS. It works in concert with and enhances the existing capability of the Laurel Bridge routing, fetching and migration suite that centralizes enterprise medical imaging workflow orchestration.
Beacon will facilitate quality management of DICOM study metadata across disparate clinical IT systems:
- During study import and acquisition.
- For medical imaging studies that reside in a PACS archive or VNA.
Beacon is a work in progress, with an expected initial release of late 2019 or early 2020. Among planned features under development are:
- Web based user interface
- Ability to verify, update, and modify patient, study, series, and instance meta-deta
- Non-diagnostic image data viewer
- Study data correctness acknowledgement support
- Tiered security for image viewing and editing
- Study splitting and merging
- Pixel data region masking
- Rule-based and source-of-truth based data validation
Official Beacon technical specs coming soon. Early-look specs are likely to be similar to:
- Intel i5, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200 RPM, or better
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 x64, SQL Server 2012 x64, or SQL Server 2014 x64
- SQL Express edition may be used in most installations
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) – 14.15.26706